Thursday, March 5, 2009

Modern Restaurant



Apparently, the world needs Toilet. Or at least Taiwan does. This article from Time talks about a restaurant chain that is thriving - thriving - called "Modern Toilet." And what is the basic premise of the restaurant? Toilet-related décor - i.e. poop-shaped lights, toilet-seat chairs, and, of course, your food brought to you in a miniature toilet bowl. Of course. I mean, really, why didn't anyone think of this before? But my kudos to them. Playing with peoples' senses, pushing their boundaries, breaking the taboo of food in the bathroom not one way, but the other way - bringing the bathroom into the food. Brilliant. And apparently, people are eating it up. I'll tell you one restaurant I'll visit if I ever get to Thailand. Thanks to Michelle for sending along the article. I wonder what their bathrooms are like?...

No comments: