Monday, February 23, 2009

The Kindness of Strangers...

Here's one from Surjeet...

"I am now at the Institute for Advanced Study in Princeton for a couple of weeks and this place is more or less in the middle of nowhere. And when I arrived at my apartment, which has all sorts of comforts like a nice study, a kitchen, a very nice bedroom and a fireplace, I found that it lacked toilet paper. Not a single roll. Apparently the nearest place where I can purchase the goods is like 2-3 miles away and without a car, thats a bit of a chore. So I actually had to walk around my neighborhood a bit to see if there were some folk who could lend me a roll - thankfully, the first person I ran into was more than willing to lend me a couple of rolls after having a thorough laugh at my expense. The question though is, if you saw a sketchy indian grad student wandering around your neighborhood looking for toilet paper, wouldnt you call Immigration or the FBI or atleast the cops? I know I would. Strange place, Princeton."



Surjeet celebrating his gift of toilet paper.

No comments: